Canada is for Kids: Volume 1 (CD)
Michael Mitchell is a favourite school performer singing favourite folk songs and his own songs describing the history and culture of Canada. As a former writer and performer on Sesame Street, he has quality music sure to be educational and loved by children and adults alike. Highly recommended!
- ISBN: 7609895662
- Author: Michael Mitchell
- Music CD
- Ages: 5-7, 8-12
- Something to Sing About– A little Canadian flag-waving
- Little Trees – written by Michael for the TV program Sesame Street
- I’se the B’y – a Newfoundland favourite
- The Island – now the official song of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
- Farewell Nova Scotia – WWI song of a man who lost three brothers at sea
- V’la l’Bon Vent – French-Canadian Voyageur paddling song
- Canada in My Pocket – significance of the symbols on our Canadian coins
- This Land is Your Land – a true Canadian geography lesson
- The Log Driver’s Waltz – an Ottawa Valley song about the logging industry
- Lady Franklin’s Lament – Sir John Franklin’s wife quest on the fate the Northwest Passage expedition
- Alberta Bound – A Toronto boy looses his heart to an Alberta girl
- The Bluenose – the story of the country’s most famous schooner
- Fly High– tribute to the nation’s aviators & theme song for Canada’s Aviation Hall of Fame
- Canada Is… almost an anthem for this country, and for Michael.
Michael Mitchell is a former songwriter and recording artist for Sesame Street and co-host of CTV’s Storytime. Hespent 24 years as an Infantry Officer with The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada and has also been a military intelligence officer and paratrooper. He has been awarded Officer of the Order Military Merit, an honour higher than the Order of Canada. He has earned a black belt in Karate and is a qualified sailboat skipper. Michael was born in Montreal, Quebec and now lives in Victoria, BC.
Products in this series
|Dimensions||14 × 12.5 × 1.0 cm|